Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth Of July Cook Off!!




Life in the Lauret home, which is my parent's house, is based completely on food. I grew up my whole life with amazing food created by my dad. Shortly after my brothers and sister gained my dad's wonderful taste and ability to create absolutely delicious food. Since my whole family became spoiled with such wonderful flavored food, we decided to make a competition about it. Time after time we cooked different food and Spencer and I always came in last or barely above average but still never won. This fourth of July it was our time to take the chef crown at the Lauret home. We started off marinating our chicken tenders in a chipotle lime barbeque sauce. Shortly after we took peppered bacon and wrapped it around the chicken. After 30 minutes, we took the chicken and started grilling it on the barbeque. Once the chicken was almost done, we took pepper jack cheese and melted it on top. Then the toppings were put on and we served our divine dish to the judges. After the judges tasted all my other siblings and parents dishes, they went downstairs and collaborated for a good hour or so and then the moment came to see how we did. WAHOO!!!! Spencer and I finally took the chef crown for taste and the best sandwich. We were so excited! Best fourth of July ever. It was also a blast to be with my family and watch all of them put together their creations which were absolutely amazing. That is probably what made it even better to win because all the other sandwiches were beyond delicious.

No comments: