Sunday, October 8, 2017

My garden 2017

This is the first year I have ever started my garden from seed! I have been inspired by my sister and her family as they have had tremendous success with their planting from seed that I knew I wanted to try it. Last year my sister let me have some of her plants that she had to thin out and it was some of the best tomatoes I have ever had. So, I began my adventure by bringing Devon to the store to buy soil, cups, and seeds. We went over board on the seed buying but that means we will have lots extra for next year :) right now I am growing Roma Tomatoes, Heirloom Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, and a variety of spicy peppers. I was super nervous that my skills in this matter will fail but when I checked on them today, I found them all growing!! They were super healthy and I ended up giving half of them to my dad since I had 24 plants total. But then I failed miserably by not having a spot predesignated for my garden and I left my plants outside and scorched them. So, my garden this year goes into the epic fail column :(

No comments: