Thursday, January 29, 2015

Life in the Fast Lane

Holy Cow! Time is just flying by. I can't believe that my oldest is in primary giving themes, prayers, and participating in singing time. I also can't believe that my little baby is now 4 months old. It seems like I just barely had him in the hospital. Now he is starting to eat solid food. I never dreamed of the day that this would happen. I heard my parents talk about how life just speeds up but I never quite believed it because when you are little, things just take forever to come (like getting my driver's license or going inside the temple). Each day I decided that no matter how frustrated I get with my situation, that I need to hold onto these perfect memories because before I know it, they will be too old to want to hang on me and play legos and let me hold and cuddle them. Sometimes, I need to let my house chores be on hold and listen to my son's story or hold my little baby while he coos at me. These moments are the ones I want to remember, not that day that I loaded the dishes, or vacuumed my carpet, or picked up the living room, or cleaned the bathroom. While all those things are important, I want to remember that they can wait and that my little ones need to, and I want them to, come first. Family is forever and I am grateful for my little forever I have thus far.
My Perfect Family...
Spencer 28 years, Me 27 years, Devon 3 years, Tommy 4 months

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

I was in tears reading this :*) It is so true about how fast they grow. My house seem always so messy because I often played with my kids. My heart broke so many times when I would go into other neighbors homes to see their house sparkling clean and often they had as much kids as I. I tried to not feel like a failure but I did, till Carolyn showed me behind her couch one day when I came to visit and flooded my tears on her carpet as I spilled my heartbreak on not having a clean house as often as I wanted. lol. She then pulled out her couch and it was filled to the brim of junk, junk and more junk. She said she just hides them when neighbors come, her secret. ;) All was well and the tears dried up. ahaha You have a beautiful family that I loveeee so much! I am sad to see my gwandbabies grow so quickly but I am filled with joy! You guys look so good in the pic... and I wondered... did you dye Devon's hair dark?? lol Lookie at that Tommy how he smiles so brightly! Love you guys so much!

Lani Christensen said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE! I forgot to sign out. :/ This is Lily actually. And no. I'm not a robot. That post is super duper awesome!

Lani Christensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lily Christensen said...

Spapril if you can tell its me amara your 7 year old we have not checked your blog for months pleas keep on posting!

Amanda Lauret said...

It's so true! I hate how time goes by so fast. Your family really is perfect! And I love that picture of you guys.

Lily Christensen said...

this is amara. my my my my my gosh!your right! funny that they say prove your not a robot.